Information Security News mailing list archives

Hackers send bogus tweets from '60 Minutes' account

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 00:54:17 -0500 (CDT)

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-57580604-83/hackers-send-bogus-tweets-from-60-minutes-account/

By Edward Moyer
Security & Privacy
CNET News
April 20, 2013

The Twitter accounts for CBS News programs "60 Minutes" and "48 Hours" were used by hackers earlier today to send out messages accusing the U.S. of aiding terrorists, the network confirmed.

"We have experienced problems on Twitter accounts of #60Minutes & @48Hours; We apologize for the inconvenience; Twitter is resolving issues," read a tweet from @CBSNews. Read another from @60Minutes: "PLEASE NOTE: Our Twitter account was compromised earlier today. We are working with Twitter to resolve."

Bogus messages tweeted from the hacked accounts included this one from the @60Minutes account:

   Exclusive: Terror is striking the #USA and #Obama is Shamelessly
   in Bed with Al-Qaeda.

[...]

Visit the InfoSec News Security Bookstore
Best Selling Security Books and More!
http://www.shopinfosecnews.org