Information Security News mailing list archives

Ban porn or else: Hacker penetrates PTA site

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 03:38:43 -0500 (CDT)

http://tribune.com.pk/story/271116/ban-porn-or-else-hacker-penetrates-pta-site/

By Jahanzaib Haque
The Express Tribune
October 10, 2011

The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) website was hacked on Monday by a hacker who left a message demanding a blanket ban on all websites containing explicit material.

The PTA website faced a database error for some time, and while its front page was not defaced, a page listing the demands of Zombie_KSA — the hacker who had earlier defaced the Supreme Court website – was inserted into the site’s server.

Zombie_KSA left a defiant message on the PTA site for the Chairman Dr Muhammad Yaseen, stating:

    "Ask yourself why Pakistan Telecommunication Authority is victim
    of ZombiE_KsA ? Baby I’m here to tell this **** world that we are
    Pakistan, not Pornistan...and Sir I need your help. Since you have
    powerful balls and I request you to take action to ban porn sites
    in Pakistan. Read it again I request you to BAN Pornographic sites
    in Pakistan."

[...]

FINAL CALL to register #HITB2011KUL - Asia's premier
deep-knowledge network security event now in it's 9th year!
http://conference.hitb.org/hitbsecconf2011kul/