Information Security News mailing list archives

Postman named Britain's cyber security champion

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 06:03:33 -0600 (CST)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/8365868/Postman-named-Britains-cyber-security-champion.html

By Christopher Williams
Technology Correspondent
The Telegraph

The government-backed competition to find the country's best computer
defence amateur culminated in day of challenges for 25 finalists in
Bristol. They investigated data breaches and battled hackers in
realistic simulations of the attacks that threaten critical private and
public sector systems every day.

The champion, Dan Summers, 33, had a background in IT but left the
industry to pursue his own business. When it faltered, he took a casual
delivery job with the Royal Mail.

He said: "I enjoyed it but never thought that I would be a winner."

Mr Summers entered the competition last summer on the suggestion of his
mother and aunt, who had heard about the launch on the radio.

"They said 'you're a geek, you should enter that'," he explained.

[...]

Tegatai Managed Colocation: Four Provider Blended
Tier-1 Bandwidth, Fortinet Universal Threat Management,
Natural Disaster Avoidance, Always-On Power Delivery
Network, Cisco Switches, SAS 70 Type II Datacenter.
Find peace of mind, Defend your Critical Infrastructure.
http://www.tegataiphoenix.com/