Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: Help InfoSec News with a Donation

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 04:34:01 -0500 (CDT)

Right off the bat, I'd like to thank the 20 people since sending this
out last night for donating a little something to keep the lights on
here, but also in helping improve the site in the long run!

http://www.infosecnews.org/donate.html

Thanks!

William Knowles
InfoSec News
@infosecnews.org

Richard Clarke once said...

"If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, then you will be
hacked. What's more, you deserve to be hacked."

For $1.00 at the local diner, you can buy a bottomless cup of coffee.
At the local bookstore, a large three shot, double latte soy
cappuccino is about $6.25. Ideally we'd like to see every InfoSec News
reader sacrifice at least three (or more) days without his or her
coffee to enable us to continue the work we've been doing, but also
improve our services.

Donation drives in the past have implemented the InfoSec News RSS
feed, a digest version of InfoSec News, and the capability to run
searches of past InfoSec News articles. A fast server was donated and
has been running for some two and a half years, I can't say enough
good things about our hosting company except with present economic
conditions at this end its been tough trying to cover the related
expenses of keeping it all up and running.

Did a friend send you this? From now on, be the
first to find out! Subscribe to InfoSec News
http://www.infosecnews.org