Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: London top spot to lose your tech in a taxi

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 02:32:07 -0600 (CST)

Forwarded from: Dragos Ruiu <dr (at) eusecwest.com>

On Wednesday 13 December 2006 15:01, InfoSec News wrote:
Londoners are the most likely people to lost their mobile phones, PDAs
and notebooks in a taxi, but the city also has the most honest cab
drivers, a new study reveals.

A survey of 2000 taxi drivers across 11 global cities -- including
Sydney, San Francisco, Washington, Bombay, and seven European cities
-- by mobile security vendor Pointsec found that over the last six
months, Londoners left behind 54,874 mobile phones, 4,718 PDAs, 3,179
laptops and 923 thumb drives. However, Londoners were also the most
likely to get their devices back, with 96% of phones and 97% of
notebooks being reunited with their owners.

They didn't include Tokyo. I'd put my money on Tokyo being the highest
percentage return rate. We lost a new (therefore it had little on it to
identify it) camera on an airport bus going out of the country and it
got back to us eventually.

cheers,
--dr

--
World Security Pros. Cutting Edge Training, Tools, and Techniques
London, U.K.    Feb 28 / Mar 1 - 2007    http://eusecwest.com