Information Security News mailing list archives

EEYE: Free scanner for MS06-040

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 00:50:21 -0500 (CDT)

Forwarded from: Marc Maiffret <mmaiffret () eeye com>

We all obviously have heard/read/analyzed MS06-040 by now... With all
the momentum and worm talk around it we decided to release a free
scanning tool to detect systems vulnerable to the flaw. Even the
Department of Homeland security has been pushing it big time as far as
the worm angle. While a worm is very much possible who really knows if
one is going to happen. If I could predict that then I probably would
have done better on the craps tables in Vegas for Blackhat... Oh well
either way here it is:

http://www.eeye.com/html/resources/downloads/audits/NetApi.html

Signed,
Marc Maiffret