Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: Security organisation's Web site hacked

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 01:26:03 -0600 (CST)

Forwarded from: Harlan Carvey <keydet89 () yahoo com>

"In mid-December we switched to a different server and upgraded the
software," said Richard Starnes, president of the ISSA UK. "In the
patching process, some of the patches were missed."

Missed?  If security organizations aren't doing it, how can we expect
other organizations that handle sensitive personal data to do the
same?

=====
Harlan Carvey, CISSP
"Windows Forensics and Incident Recovery"
http://www.windows-ir.com
http://windowsir.blogspot.com

Open Source Vulnerability Database (OSVDB) Everything is Vulnerable - http://www.osvdb.org/