Information Security News mailing list archives

RE: My experience as an Election Judge in Baltimore County by Avi Rubin

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 03:43:08 -0600 (CST)

Forwarded from: Jim Patton <jim.patton () ipvalue com>

I voted on Super Tuesday using the new devices and after reading
Mr. Rubin's report, I would have to agree with his concerns.

Without a reliable and secure duplicate of each individual voter's
election choices, I can see where problems can occur and security can
be breached.

I believe that the integrity of our voting process must be guarded
more closely than the treasures held at Fort Knox.

While I believe that the process of voting flowed rather smoothly and
I was left with a positive feeling about the use of these machines, I
was reminded of the old saying:

"If something just seems to be too good to be true, it likely is too
good to be true."