Information Security News mailing list archives

Blackwater Security Memorial Fund

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 01:01:01 -0500 (CDT)

http://www.blackwatersecurity.com

April 1, 2004; 8:40 a.m. EST

"We grieve today for the loss of our colleagues and we pray for their
families. The names of the victims will not be released out of respect
for their families.

"The graphic images of the unprovoked attack and subsequent heinous
mistreatment of our friends exhibits the extraordinary conditions
under which we voluntarily work to bring freedom and democracy to the
Iraqi people.

"Coalition forces and civilian contractors and administrators work
side by side every day with the Iraqi people to provide essential
goods and services like food, water, electricity and vital security to
the Iraqi citizens and coalition members. Our tasks are dangerous and
while we feel sadness for our fallen colleagues, we also feel pride
and satisfaction that we are making a difference for the people of
Iraq.

A Memorial Fund has been established to support the victim's families
of the March 31, 2004 Fallujah attack. All memorial gifts will be
documented and appropriately acknowledged with due regard to the
wishes of the donor and the nature of the contribution. Our thoughts
and prayers are with the families of the victims

Please Mail the contributions to:
Memorial Fund
PO Box 159
Moyock, NC 27958