Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft Toughens Up Outlook

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 00:23:33 -0500 (CDT)

Forwarded from: Szndiblasio () aol com

[Please send the replies to Ms. DiBlasio.  - WK]

In a message dated 10/15/03 11:25:10 AM Central Daylight Time, isn () c4i org
writes:

<< The new junk-mail filter uses a neural decision engine, a simple
  form of artificial intelligence, to train itself to recognize spam.
  It considers such factors as the time the message was sent and the
 content and structure of the message.  >>

Question?

How can we design a system based on neuron communication when we do
not know how it really works?

One other weakness is it's inability to deal with inconsistencies.
How could they design the rules to be fired?

It would require a knowledge engineer.  Who will come forward?  Whose
neuron?

Answers much appreciated.
Susan DiBlasio, BBA/MIS

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn'
in the BODY of the mail.