Information Security News mailing list archives

Honeypots: Definitions and Values

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 00:17:03 -0500 (CDT)

Forwarded from: Lance Spitzner <lance () honeynet org>

Last year I attempted to define and describe what honeypots are in the
paper "Honeypots: Definitions and Values".  Since then, both honeypot
technologies and our understanding of them has dramatically improved.
As such, I've totally re-written the paper to better refelct the
flexibility and capabilities of honeypots.  I hope this paper helps
the security community understand what honeypots are all about, and
what they can do for us.

   Honeypots: Definitions and Values
   http://www.tracking-hackers.com/papers/honeypots.html

Thanks!

--
Lance Spitzner
http://www.tracking-hackers.com

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn'
in the BODY of the mail.