Information Security News mailing list archives

Free IIS Security Forensic Analysis E-Book

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 00:22:22 -0500 (CDT)

Forwarded from: "Jason Coombs" <jasonc () science org>

Aloha,

After a year-long effort to conduct a thorough forensic analysis of
Internet Information Services versions 4 through 6, I've recently
released a 400-page e-book detailing my conclusions, findings, and
security recommendations for administrators and programmers who work
with IIS.

IIS Security and Programming Countermeasures
http://forensics.org/jasonc/iisforensics.zip

FORENSICS.ORG is a non-profit computer forensics expert witness group.
One of our missions is to provide affordable forensics services to the
defense in criminal and civil court cases. We hope that this forensic
guide to IIS security will be helpful as you decide what to do about
your legacy IIS-based applications: migrate to IIS 6 or abandon IIS
altogether?

Feedback is welcome.

Sincerely,

Jason Coombs
jasonc () science org

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn'
in the BODY of the mail.