Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: Worker vengeance makes its way online

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 02:25:59 -0500 (CDT)

Forwarded from: f.johan.beisser <jan () caustic org>

On Fri, 23 May 2003, InfoSec News wrote:

But increasingly, it's insiders who know passwords and have access
to a company's computer system who have the ability and, at times,
the desire to commit electronic sabotage. ''You used to send someone
home and take away their keys,'' Burroughs said. ''Now, in
Massachusetts in particular, you have sophisticated employees who
know everything you can know about your computer system.''

what i don't understand is why the employer doesn't take the former
employees keys away. lock the account, change the password on it, do
something to ensure that person does not have access to the system
anymore.

it seems irresponsible of the company to not take those simple
percausions.

        The other day I asked former Yankees pitcher Jim Bouton
        what he thought of our great victory over Iraq, and he
        said, "Mohammed Ali versus Mr. Rogers."
                -- kurt vonnegut, 5.9.03

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn'
in the BODY of the mail.