Information Security News mailing list archives

RE: This computer security column is banned in Canada

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 02:37:06 -0500 (CDT)

Forwarded from: Rob Rosenberger <junkmail () barnowl com>
Cc: Steve Manzuik <steve () entrenchtech com>

  >>Lets take your lunacy a step further.
  >>  <snip>
  >>This is stupid and is security through obscurity.

Steve, you should focus your "stupid/lunacy" complaints on senator
Charles Schumer (D-NY).  He fears U.Calgary will turn into a "digital
training ground for future cyber-terrorists."  You can listen to him
(in context!) at http://Vmyths.com/mm/humor/psa/schumer.mp3 if you
don't believe me. Schumer's audio comes from a February 2002 senate
hearing where White House flunky Richard Clarke reserved the right to
NUKE China if they invade the U.S. with a computer virus.

I agree wholeheartedly with you, Steve.  From my follow-up column:
http://Vmyths.com/rant.cfm?id=599&page=4

"I'll extract my tongue from my own cheek so we can clear the air...
You'll find a big difference between me and people like senator
Schumer.  He'll mean it if he declares Canada a cyber-threat.  He'll
want you to fear the wrath of Calgary's student body.  He'll demand
FBI background checks for computer science teachers & students."

Rob

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn'
in the BODY of the mail.