Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: Why I should have the right to kill a malicious process on your machine

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 02:56:48 -0600 (CST)

Forwarded from: H C <keydet89 () yahoo com>
Cc: jericho () attrition org, Thor () HammerofGod com

While this thread has been interesting thus far, I think that it's
reached an impass, b/c, well, unfortunately, we aren't discussing it
on an even playing field.  Take Thor's comment regard Schultz's
research behind his comments, and Jericho's response (below):

I did no research on it either, and plan to read your paper this
weekend. So far, from what I have seen, there has been absolutely
*0* new input brought up. No new ideas gets the same response as
others.

Of course, you've seen no new input.  You haven't even read the paper
(at the time you wrote your comments).  I think open discussion on the
topic is necessary...but what use is that discussion when no one
bothers to read what Thor's written on the topic?  I've noticed in
Thor's comments that he keeps referring back to the paper.

I'm not trying to quash the discussion...just saying that if we're
going to discuss it, we should all get on board.  And yes, I have read
it.

Carv

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn'
in the BODY of the mail.