Information Security News mailing list archives

Free data mining training.

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 12:37:50 -0600 (CST)

Forwarded from: "Colleen M McCue" <McCueCM () ci richmond va us>

SPSS, Inc is sponsoring a free Rapid Response in Government Seminar
entitled, Fight Crime and Improve Security with Data Mining.  The
training will provide an overview of data mining in basic criminal
investigation and intelligence analysis, as well as homeland
security issues and infrastructure protection.  Dr. Jesus Mena, an
expert in data mining will be the keynote speaker, and I will be
presenting some of our research, as well. It should be an
interesting event given the recent focus on data mining,
particularly as it relates to homeland security and the emerging
debate over the proposed Total Information Awareness System.

The seminar is being held at the Hyatt Regency Reston, in Reston, VA.
Additional information can be found at:
http://www.spss.com/RR-InvestigativeDM/

Colleen McCue, PhD

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn'
in the BODY of the mail.