Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: DoD offering admin privileges on .mil Web sites

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 05:03:05 -0600 (CST)

Forwarded from: MacRohard <macrohard () lilofree net>

This story may not be as big as it seems. It has always been possible
to apply for a .mil domain using the domain templates available
initially from rs.internic.net and later on nic.ddn.mil (even now
infact @ www.nic.mil/ftp/templates/domain-template.txt). The form
found on the web may not do much more than complete and email one of
these templates to hostmaster () ddn mil who would probably check a few
details, chuckle to himself and delete the email.

-MacRohard