Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: Experts: Microsoft security gets an 'F'

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:06:16 -0600 (CST)

Forwarded from: Russell Coker <russell () coker com au>
Cc: Morris.Hoodye () hp com

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 09:37, InfoSec News wrote:
As for the nonstop enterprise division of HP goes I would like to
chime in, since the question was asked...Our systems are used to run
90% of the stock exchanges world wide. The stock exchanges have
chosen our platform because of it's reliability. One key part of
reliability is our enterprise operating system (NonSTOP Kernel) does
not allow user processes to escalate their privileges levels.

I think that this sounds very interesting.

Could you please put one of those machines on the Internet so that Interested
people can login and see the facilities the NonSTOP kernel offers for
themselves?

I have put SE Linux machines on the net with a root password of "1234" on
several occasions.  I have found this to be very beneficial for introducing
new users to the technology and for testing it out.

--

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn'
in the BODY of the mail.