Information Security News mailing list archives

RE: InfoSec 2003: 'Zero-day' attacks seen as growing threat

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 07:41:53 -0600 (CST)

Forwarded from: Rob Rosenberger <junkmail () barnowl com>

  >>...That anyone has noticed and have also been allowed to
  >>report.  You'd think someone would mention that due to the
  >>fact that theyre unpatched and unknown, nothing (well, very
  >>few things) will pick up that something is awry.

I don't know about you but zero-day exploits frighten me.  Theyre absolutely
terrifying.  I think we should either (a) nationalize the computer security
industry or (b) dismantle the Internet as a national security threat.

Rob

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn'
in the BODY of the mail.