Information Security News mailing list archives

RE: McAfee Antivirus Tool Blocks Internet Access

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 02:22:09 -0500 (CDT)

Forwarded from: Marc Maiffret <marc () eeye com>
Cc: dennis_fisher () ziffdavis com

McAfee is also identifying our free rpc scanner tool as an
exploit/trojan because they are looking for the RPC negotiation
packets and not for attack data specifically. Therefore keeping
administrators from being able to use the tool to secure their
networks.

It is great that companies that profit off of worms and viruses can
use their "solution" to keep administrators from using tools to
protect their network from worms and viruses.

Signed,
Marc Maiffret
Chief Hacking Officer
eEye Digital Security
T.949.349.9062
F.949.349.9538
http://eEye.com/Retina - Network Security Scanner
http://eEye.com/Iris - Network Traffic Analyzer
http://eEye.com/SecureIIS - Stop known and unknown IIS vulnerabilities

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn'
in the BODY of the mail.