Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: Report: Hundreds of Navy PCs missing

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 00:54:25 -0500 (CDT)

Forwarded from: huggins () airmail net

You knew I couldn't leave this one alone... here we go, the report
does not say who they were issued to or whether they were direct
support assets or training computers.  My experience shows that 75
percent will be dupe entries in the accounting data base and that of
the remaining 25 percent they were either issued to officers or senior
enlisted who either misplaced them or turned them in without following
registered procedures.

Than again I am being highly optomistic some sailor could be
supporting his "girl in every port"  v/r Michael CTOC USN Retired.

By Reuters
October 18, 2002, 5:21 PM PT

The U.S. Pacific Fleet's warships and submarines were missing nearly
600 computers as of late July, including at least 14 known to have
handled classified data, according to an internal Navy report
obtained on Friday.

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn'
in the BODY of the mail.