Information Security News mailing list archives

DMCA follies

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 01:48:23 -0500 (CDT)

Forwarded from: Ralph Forsythe <rf-list () centerone com>

Normally I just come to work, get my coffee, and read my ISN in the
morning and I'm happy.  Today I ventured onto slashdot as I tend to
from time to time, and came across something that might be of interest
to some other ISN readers.  It appears that the DMCA, in all it's
horrid splendor, has prevented RedHat from disclosing the details of a
new kernel patch to any people in the US or under US jurisdiction.
The full story you might want to distribute is here:

http://www.theregus.com/content/4/26656.html

I have not continued past the thefreeworld.net disclaimer as I don't
wish to implicate my employer in anything.  What I do in my off time
is my own business, however this whole thing is ridiculous.

Cheers,
- Ralph Forsythe
rforsythe () centerone com

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn'
in the BODY of the mail.