Information Security News mailing list archives

Osama's Plot to Blow-up the Internet on January 11th

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 01:53:26 -0600 (CST)

Couple quick notes, I'm still going through the mail I recieved on
Friday, I hope to get back to everyone by Wednesday.

As for the delay in the delivery in InfoSec News today, there was a
little burp in the power, but that was fixed and you got ISN, just a
bit late, but still timely.

As many of you know, InfoSec News constantly strives to give you the
best information security intelligence money can buy. =)

You can probably guess my amazement in seeing the November 26th issue
of the Weekly World News reporting that Al Qaeda is planning to attack
the Internet with a "cyberbomb" on January 11th.

D.C. based security consultant Charles Masford cites in the WWN report
that his high level sources in the "FBI anti-cyberterror task force"
have pieced together 400 sources, including debriefings from Al Qaeda
fighters, raids in Europe, and intercepted voice and e-mail
communications, and have learned that this attack will happen at
11:11AM on 1.11.03!

You can get the whole story at your local newsstand for $1.79 :)

Cheers!

William Knowles
wk () c4i org

"Communications without intelligence is noise;  Intelligence
without communications is irrelevant." Gen Alfred. M. Gray, USMC
C4I.org - Computer Security, & Intelligence - http://www.c4i.org