Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: "Nessus calls home"? Facts of the matter.

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 03:35:46 -0500 (CDT)

Forwarded from: bschnzl () bigfoot com
Cc: deraison () nessus org

How 'bout letting us specify our own domains, making example.com the
default, and putting a notice in the results!

You could use nessus.org as the default to make sure DNS did not get
in the way.  The notice in the results would make that legit.

In a message titled [ISN] "Nessus calls home"?  Facts of the matter. ,
on 9 May 2002 at 2:06, InfoSec News sent these words:

Forwarded from: Jay D. Dyson <jdyson () treachery net>

Courtesy of Renaud Deraison (forwarded with permission).

I believe this should be given wide dissemination to dispel the rumors
that flew around CanSecWest.  -Jay