Information Security News mailing list archives

Couple little things

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 05:20:39 -0500 (CDT)

I'd like to thank everyone that has replied so far! The response has
been great, and honestly I haven't had the time to look them all over,
so there won't be any rash instant decisions on where things are
going.

The feedback I have read is incredible, I normally only get this kind
of insight as I said earlier is from subscribers leaving the list, and
various security conferences I attend.

Over this past weekend I strolled over to the local Barnes & Noble
looking for one book, and ended up buying another. Actually I bought
the paperback version of Body of Secrets, its my third copy, not that
I have lost or lent the other two copies.

The first one I got was a first edition signed at Blackhat 2001 by
James Bamford, and the second one I bought at Lindbergh Field in the
weeks after September 11th after tiring of sitting around the airport
for many hours waiting for my flight. I slowly read about a quarter of
the book at various other airports around the U.S., but it was at
times too much of a pain to lug it and my laptop in the same backpack,
especially at the security checkpoints.

In case you are interested, Amazon has Bamford's Body of Secrets
in paperback.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0385499086/c4iorg

Which includs a new afterword on the events of September 11th, which
when I was reading it brought on a swell of emotions I was feeling on
that day.

For $10.47 beats the $14.95 plus tax I spent on the impulse buy at
Barnes and Noble.

Cheers!

William Knowles
wk () c4i org

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn'
in the BODY of the mail.