Information Security News mailing list archives

RE: Personnel Shortage Hindering Net Security

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:13:21 -0600 (CST)

Forwarded from: H C <keydet89 () yahoo com>
Cc: jsklein () mindspring com

Joe,

This looks like justification to glut the market with in-experanced
security people, inorder to drop the rates to within government &
corprate budgets.

My read of the article is that this is already happening.  After all,
the article does opine that there is a lack of experienced and
talented security folks...which I wholeheartedly disagree with.  The
talent is there...just not at the prices many of these contracts are
willing to pay.  I've personally responded to ads requiring the CISSP
and SANS GIAC certs, but the top-end salary was around $40K.

When will the press ever learn.

They won't.  Mediocrity isn't news...sensationalism is.  But to be
honest, it isn't so much the press in this case as it is the managers
who don't know how to manage.

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
of the mail.