Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: Free tool: apache chunked vulnerability scanner

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 06:49:25 -0500 (CDT)

Forwarded from: Joshua Levitsky <jlevitsk () joshie com>

Also the tool is completely useless to those of us running 1.3.23 with
a backport of the 1.3.26 fix... but that only includes Red Hat and
Mandrake users... how many of them could there be out there? Honestly
I was disappointed when I ran the scan and figured out all it was
doing was checking the version of apache from the header. To me that
isn't a test of anything. It's sad because I normally like stuff from
eEye. It would be nice if eEye made something that would really test
for the exploit since this is such a dangerous flaw in Apache.

--
Joshua Levitsky, MCSE, CISSP, EMTD
Desktop Systems Engineer