Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: MITNICK, et al

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 01:32:09 -0600 (CST)

Forwarded from: Aj Effin Reznor <aj () reznor com>

"InfoSec News was known to say....."

Getting back to point:  Mitnick was/is the martyr for many.
So-called "cybercrime" is still costing industry/govt billions and
we are as ill-equipped to deal with the cyber-offender as we are
with the drug-offender and we've had drug offenders around since
the early 1900's.

Are these real billions, or the ficticious billions companies and the
gov't like to throw around?  Or the high roller value attached to the
infamous e911 document which was found to be offered for sale but it's
owner for well under one hundred US dollars?

I think 2002's tentative tagline (already) should be "Got stats?"

-aj.

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
of the mail.