Information Security News mailing list archives

the new secure Microsoft

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 02:11:17 -0600 (CST)

Forwarded from: Russell Coker <russell () coker com au>

With all the recent publicity about secure software from MS, I have
been wondering if they will run a public SMB file server again?

MS used to run some public SMB servers on the Internet but took them
offline because they were being regularly hacked and DOS'd.  Now that
MS is releasing secure software do they have a secure SMB server that
can survive on the net?