Information Security News mailing list archives

Biatchux Bootable Forensics CD

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 02:53:19 -0600 (CST)

http://biatchux.sourceforge.net/

Biatchux is a portable bootable cdrom based distribution capable of
providing an immediate environment for performing forensics analysis,
incident response, data recovery, virus scanning and pen-testing. Also
capable of providing necessary tools for live forensics/analysis, just
mount the cdrom on your choice of OS win32, sparc solaris and x86
linux trusted static binaries are available in /statbins.

Why Biatchux?  because...

Wasn't happy with the distributions out there, and by creating this
one, at least I can control what I can do The other distributions out
there are pretty good, but even in some public forums I've read more
than a few postings griping about the problems experienced when
attempting to use those distro's. They have their place, but I'm
building this to suit my needs, and if you have requests... I'll do my
best to include your needs as well.  But don't overlook the other
bootable distros out there... have a look see...

[...]

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
of the mail.