Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: No One at Home

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 01:33:34 -0600 (CST)

Forwarded from: Nexus <nexus () patrol i-way co uk>

[I should also point out all these "out of the office" messages are
ideal for the social engineer. Then calling the help desk as your
"assistant" looking for a password reset, to get that Powerpoint file
for the budget, otherwise we might all be out there looking for a new
job, and collecting unemployment. :)  - WK]

As well as being very annoying - after one Bugtraq post that spawned a
storm of them, I decided to widen the appeal to stop this annoying
practice ;-) http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/82/275880

Cheers.

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn'
in the BODY of the mail.