Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: Uncovering the secrets of SE Linux

From: InfoSec News <isn () C4I ORG>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 00:38:29 -0600

Forwarded by: Larry Loeb <larryloeb () prodigy net>

On 3/12/01 1:49 PM, "James Goldston" <jgoldston () sses net> wrote:

Hmmm.  I'm guessing Mr. Loeb is a writer and not a security practitioner,
because a practitioner wouldn't be so quick to vet the Agency's (or
anyone's) source code.

I don?t vet it, I try to dissect it.
The second part of the article will show more of this.

However, proving the absence of
malicious software is beyond our capabilities except for the smallest code
fragments.

I stand by my statement. I has a packet sniffer going, and when I opened the
distribution file nothing popped out and tried to log onto something I
didn?t authorize.

Best,
Larry Loeb

ISN is hosted by SecurityFocus.com
---
To unsubscribe email LISTSERV () SecurityFocus com with a message body of
"SIGNOFF ISN".