Information Security News mailing list archives

Doubleclick multiple hacks and problems

From: InfoSec News <isn () C4I ORG>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 20:31:04 -0600

Forwarded by: "Kitetoa () Kitetoa com" <kitetoa () kitetoa com>

Hello...

We have published a story about Doubleclick yesterday. The web site
www.doubleclick.net has been hacked for two years (eeyehack.exe in the
iisadmpwd directory) and noone at Doubleclick noticed...

There is no -at this time- official reaction at Doubleclick...

We notified them about this and they deleted the eeyehack.exe file at
once. Since that... no news...

Could anyone have had access for two years to specific data at
Doubleclick?

Who knows?

Best, K.

PS: there are two papers about this story:

http://www.kitetoa.com/Pages/Textes/Les_Dossiers/Admins/Admin6/doubleclick-e
nglish.htm

and:

http://www.transfert.net/fr/cyber_societe/article.cfm?idx_rub=87&idx_art=480
0

ISN is hosted by SecurityFocus.com
---
To unsubscribe email LISTSERV () SecurityFocus com with a message body of
"SIGNOFF ISN".