Information Security News mailing list archives

A different kind of question

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 11:09:23 -0500 (CDT)

Forwarded by: unit4 () sputum com

[ISN Note: Please reply to Unit4 () sputum com]

I'm being subpeonaed as an expert witness (forensic analysis of
problematic traffic and subsequent identifying of source) on an
incident and subsequent responses to the incident which occurred on
the net. I can handle the expert part. They insist I tell them how
much I charge per hour for producing my expert opinion. I have no idea
what to charge in such a case. Is there anyone around who's served in
such a position? I've never operated as a consultant, and so have no
clue. It's a big case and they've got the bucks to pay, but I really
prefer not to look like a dink and ask for more than is due for
network analysis stuff.

ISN is hosted by SecurityFocus.com
---
To unsubscribe email isn-unsubscribe () SecurityFocus com.