Information Security News mailing list archives

Interesting note from SANS and stuph...

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 01:59:30 -0500 (CDT)

Well I hope everyone in the U.S.A. (and everyone else celebrating
around the globe) had a wonderful 4th of July and still have the same
amount of fingers, toes, eyes, and other body parts as they did on
the 3rd of July.

My newest holiday pet-peeve is people who have their car alarms set
way too sensitive, I had the enjoyment of hearing the Star-Spangled
Banner, the incessant sound of the alarms, along with professional &
amateur fireworks. :)

SANS had an interesting note in their newsletter that I thought I
should pass along.

Ham Radio Operators?

The threat to critical Internet resources from distributed denial of
service attack tools continues to increase. An effective emergency
communications network may be of great value if damage is done to both
the Internet and to phone systems. SANS is looking for ham and packet
radio operators who are willing to take a leadership role to help
establish and maintain an emergency communication channel.  If you are
qualified and interested please send an email telling us about your
ham radio and computer security activities. Send it to info () sans org
with Emergency Communications Network in the subject line.

Lastly, a special shout-out to the New York State Highway Patrol,
Thanks, I'm told it will never happen again! :)

Cheers!

William Knowles
isn () c4i org

ISN is hosted by SecurityFocus.com
---
To unsubscribe email isn-unsubscribe () SecurityFocus com.