Information Security News mailing list archives

Meeting announcements

From: InfoSec News <isn () C4I ORG>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 01:41:07 -0600

Forwarded by: Bob Adams <bob () globaldevelopment org>

I'm new to the list, but couldn't help noticing that there are
frequent announcements of meetings, seminars, conferences, and the
like.  I can offer a means for further publicizing these events, if
it's of any interest and if so requested (I don't arbitrarily
publicize events without the sponsor's knowledge).  I'll explain what
I mean, and then what I'd need.

First, I direct the Global Development Center
(http://www.globaldevelopment.org), a small, private, non-profit,
non-ideological, non-sectarian humanitarian agency in Washington, DC.
We are perpetually impoverished (no direct mail, phone solicitation,
or government grants, thank you), but we do our best to provide a very
modest "global community center on the Internet".

In addition, we operate a small satellite site, 21st Century Disasters
(http://www.globaldisaster.org) which covers a number of issues
including cyberterrorism, disaster management, and so forth.  If
lightening should ever strike, we'll expand it significantly, but for
the moment, it's simple.

We offer our readers the opportunity to advertise their public
meetings relevant to our subject areas at our site for free.  There's
no reason why your meetings can't be included as well, assuming they
fit into one of our resource center categories.  If this interests
you, here's what you have to do.

E-mail me at bob () globaldevelopment org and include the following
information:

Meeting Title
*Brief* Description (try to keep this to two or three sentences)
Dates
Location
URL or contact e-mail address or both for further information

Please don't send your entire meeting announcement.  Just the above info.

Note that we are a small site with only 8-9,000 visitors a month.
Many are drawn from the general public, especially students, as well
as from people in the various fields. However, we have also discovered
that we are frequently visited by professional journalists doing
research.  Thus, there's a chance that you might pick up a little more
free publicity as a result.

Hope this helps someone!

Bob Adams
Executive Director
Global Development Center
http://www.globaldevelopment.org
http://www.globaldisaster.org
bob () globaldevelopment org

ISN is hosted by SecurityFocus.com
---
To unsubscribe email LISTSERV () SecurityFocus com with a message body of
"SIGNOFF ISN".