Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: Hackers become more militant

From: Meritt James <meritt_james () BAH COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 09:27:53 -0500

What was done here that one person couldn't do by himself?  I believe
that one person can coordinate himself fairly well, and the "well
organized attack" (since last time this made headlines from the DoD)
carried out by three kids in two countries just doesn't impress me all
that much....

John Walker wrote:

The Net, Issue #23

http://www.themestream.com/articles/311573

Click on:

1. Current Events and News

Hackers become more militant

Brent Lawson
The Hamilton Spectator

The attacks from the silence of cyberspace struck with military
precision. A total of 26 government Web sites in three countries were
hacked into and defaced at virtually the same time.

Then, hackers hit software giant Microsoft Corp., shutting down access
for millions of users in North America.

This week's well organized attacks

[snip]

--