Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: Man pleads `self defense' after hacking

From: InfoSec News <isn () C4I ORG>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 21:39:54 -0600

Forwarded by: Gary Meech <GMeech () wyndham com>

This is interesting...It's some of the things we said way back in the
SOC days.  I remember being at FW1 training and everyone was like "if
I'm hacked by you, you're going down!"  This is why I've always been
against it - protect yourself and if something happens call the cops
and let them handle it.  Taking the issue into your own hands makes
you no better than those your upset at and you might hurt innocents in
the way.

Gary