Information Security News mailing list archives

Hacker targets Globe website

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 02:51:44 -0600 (CST)

http://www.inq7.net/brk/2001/dec/24/brkinf_1-1.htm

By Joey G. Alarilla
INQ7

ONE of the local hackers who claimed responsibility for defacing
several Philippine sites such as ABS-CBN.com has now targeted the
homepage of Ayala-owned Globe Telecom.

The hacker codenamed dcoder e-mailed INQ7.net Monday evening to
announce that he had uploaded a defaced page at
www.globeinteractive.com.ph/greets.htm and at
http://gnet.globe.com.ph/greets.htm.

Moreover, dcoder claimed that his complete message would appear on the
Globe homepage at the stroke of midnight.

"My Final Greetings Would Be on the Main Webpage of Globe when the
clock strikes 12, for the meantime this is just a temporary one cuz
its not yet christmas...," dcoder wrote in his e-mail.

"This one goes out to the people who critcizes us telling us we can't
gain root on the biggest cellular company."

INQ7.net contacted Globe officials to inform them of the threat and
get their comment. The media relations officers said they could not
yet comment on the hacking threat.

Offices are on a holiday break as the country celebrates Christmas
Eve.

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
of the mail.