Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: Adopt A Soldier, or something like that...

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 00:28:39 -0600 (CST)

Forwarded from: Rob Harvie <hstfixer () toad net>

http://www.ehowa.com is NOT a porn site.

It is a humorous site that contains off beat and adult humor, and yes,
has links to adult sites.  But the site itself is not.  It is owned an
managed by an "Ernie" who was in the USAF and is A-OK guy by me.

He has so far collected over $16,000 to assist service members who
cannot afford to in getting transportation home.

Most of the site is off color commentary with links to images that are
primarily geared to males. (no offense ladies) And nowadays is more
than likely to feature various ways of disposing of taliban members
and also young nubile females in various stages of undress. (Again,
sorry ladies, I am just reporting the facts!)

See for yourselves,

Rob

=================

InfoSec News wrote:

Forwarded from: Someone who probably wouldn't want their work
address listed. :)

The guys at Fark.com had a link to http://www.ehowa.com which is I
think a porn site (or at least a site that Fark lists as "not safe
for work").  Since the guy that runs this site used to be a navy
pee-on, he knows what it is like to be away from family on the
holidays.  He is taking up money and trying to buy a couple of
airline tickets for the soldier with the best sob story.  If he
gets enough money for more then one, he will try to by as many as
he can.

You can go to the site for details, but I know that a couple of
your readers may be interested in chipping in.

- Anonymous

William Knowles <wk () c4i org> 12/17/01 02:24AM >>>
Sometime ago with the holidays around the corner, some of you were
curious on ways to adopt a serviceman or woman serving either here or
overseas. From what I understood the Department of Defense stopped
forwarding parcels and mail from anonymous parties about the time of
the Anthrax attacks to the U.S. Government.

I did however keep my ears and eyes open and I think I might have
something that you all might be interested in, from the website...

http://anyservicemember.navy.mil/

[...]

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
of the mail.