Information Security News mailing list archives

RE: PATCH DELAY? Buffer Overflow in UPnP Service On Microsoft Windows

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 22:13:44 -0600 (CST)

Forwarded from: McDonald Patrick <mcdonald_patrick () bah com>

I don't have an issue with how long Microsoft took to issue.  I have
issue with Microsoft not notifying their customers.  How many people
could have been exploited and never known?  Microsoft could have taken
their sweet time as long they advise the consumer on how to protect
themselves until the patch was loaded.

Pat