Information Security News mailing list archives

Stuph for 8.14.01 (Can't we all just get along?)

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 04:56:29 -0500 (CDT)

OK, last Friday I said that I wasn't going to post any more Code Red
stuff unless it mutates into another strain that could kick your dog,
date your girlfriend and steal your car.

Well I was reminded of this site soon after posting Friday's mail.

You Kicked My Dog
http://www.ilovebacon.com/media/062600.shtml

A forewarning, it gets a little blue in parts, so screen it once
before playing it at lunchtime.  :)

I'm sure most of you caught the posting last night about the
Australian businessman hacked to death in PNG

http://www.theage.com.au/breaking/2001/08/14/FFXY8TIKCQC.html

I'm figuring its only a matter of time before someone submits for
posting exploit code for hacking an expatriate Australian, and then I
will have the dilemma of whether to post it or not for the sake of
Full Disclosure. :)

I also want to say that tonight *REALLY* is the last night I will have
any more parties replying on who was at fault for the Code Red virus,
because soon droves of subscribers will start crabbing that they want
news they signed up for and others will just unsubscribe.

BUT...

Since this is such a hot topic with everyone pointing fingers at
everyone for who is at fault and whatnot, I was thinking that I should
look on the calendar of information security conferences and arrange
to get a pair of those Miller Lite Sumo suits so everyone could get
out their aggressions that way.

That or a local establishment that has Jello Wrestling, and I will
put in the request for strawberry Jello for the night.

I could already see the fightcard now, Marc Maiffret, Thomas Greene,
Dan Verton, and put the invites out to SANS, NIPC, and Microsoft to
send a representive.

Quick, Who wants be a sponsor?

William Knowles
wk () c4i org

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
of the mail.