Information Security News mailing list archives

RE: MS patch-scanner for Win-NT, 2K, IIS, SQL

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:31:20 -0500 (CDT)

Forwarded from: "Cork, Jerry" <jerry.cork () ci pullman wa us>

I was just thinking ...

I wonder how long until some script-kiddie vulnerability scanning
script is developed to compare lack of a specific patch against a
database of known attacks, to print recipe's for hacking specific
systems.

I wonder what ports this scanner uses?  127-139?

Seems to me Bill might be in a pretty nice position to start selling
subscriptions to automated patch services, to defend against his free
utility.

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
of the mail.