Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: Auction Web site offers $25,000 hacker bounty

From: InfoSec News <isn () C4I ORG>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 11:47:15 -0500

Forwarded By: MorpheusX <MorpheusX () digitalhackers com>

Greetings,

This is bullcrap. I do online "bounty hunting" for a few firms and
goverment agency's. I was interrested in the ammount offered. So I
tried gaining some information on them. First there number is not in
service. Second they dont even get up to 90 megs a second, there
connection couldnt of taken that information and would of got DoS'd,
thus the ISP too would of complained. The FBI denies even hearing
about this case. Probly a publicity stunt, And one not very good. Gona
hurt there reputation more then anything else.

Sincerely,
MorpheusX