Information Security News mailing list archives

AtomicTangerine Announces First Spin-Off, SecurityPortal.com;Top Minds in Information Security Can Now Meet on the Internet

From: Patrick Oonk <patrick () PINE NL>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 23:20:38 +0200

AtomicTangerine, an SRI International spin-off, today announced its
first spin-off, SecurityPortal, as part of its mission to create,
claim and own the category of venture consulting. At launch,
SecurityPortal is a fully operational business, with over 30 security
professionals and offerings that will include: security audits and
benchmarks, custom surveys and security alerts, incident response
services, security forums moderated by recognized experts in the field
and a brand-new Internet Security University (ISU). This ISU
will offer a complete set of 100-400-level online courses designed to
prepare security professionals for certification. Agent technology
allows for 24 X 7, 365-day online search and filter Web monitoring.
One of the newest features of SecurityPortal is the ability to conduct
secure online discussions. Blaine McCoy, Chief Information
Officer, Puget Sound Refining Company of Equilon, a joint partnership of
Shell and Texaco, stated that, "SecurityPortal enables
like-minded industry leaders to collaborate on mission-critical Internet
and security issues."
Jonathan Fornaci, president and CEO of AtomicTangerine, says, "We are
pleased to announce the first of an anticipated 3-5
spin-offs a year. SecurityPortal represents the best of our venture
consulting model -- joint commitment of resources, talent,
technology and processes dedicated to incubating innovation in one of
our strongest areas of expertise -- information security."
Jim Maloney, former vice president of Information Security at
AtomicTangerine, heads up the new incubator spin-off as its president
and CEO. Of the new venture, Jim says, "The success of SecurityPortal is
directly tied to the success of the Information Security
practice of AtomicTangerine and vice versa." Karen Worstell, current
AtomicTangerine director of Information Security, takes over as
vice president of Information Security at AtomicTangerine. Of the new
company, Karen adds, "We're extending our traditional
consulting practice to delivery of services online. SecurityPortal
allows us to give our customers relevant, current information, easy
access and the security of a site commensurate with the sensitivity of
the information we expect to be exchanged there."

About AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine, a spin-off of Silicon Valley-based SRI International,
formerly known as Stanford Research Institute, is the Internet's
first e-business venture consulting firm. AtomicTangerine's mission is
to apply the disciplines of venture capital, technology
innovation and strategic consulting to create category killers and
incubate new industries for companies of all sizes and at all stages
of evolution. AtomicTangerine is at the forefront of the growing
e-services market through its close relationship with SRI International
and joint ventures with FORTUNE 500 companies and dot-coms, from which
it has access to emerging quantum leap technologies
that are not yet commercially available. As part of its strategy to
bring clients first-mover advantage, AtomicTangerine utilizes a
value-creation-pricing model, in which a portion of its compensation is
tied to its clients' success.
AtomicTangerine, headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, with
offices in New York, London, Tokyo, Washington D.C.,
Boston, Denver and Seattle/Tacoma, has more than 200 employees and can
be reached on the World Wide Web at
www.atomictangerine.com.

http://web.lexis-nexis.com/more/cahners-chicago/11407/5818324/2
--
 Patrick Oonk -  PO1-6BONE -  patrick () pine nl -  www.pine.nl/~patrick
 Pine Internet - PAT31337-RIPE - PGP keyID BE7497F1 - XOIP 0208723350