Information Security News mailing list archives

Indian site to counter Pak cyber war on J&K

From: William Knowles <wk () C4I ORG>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 01:32:43 -0500

http://www.timesofindia.com/today/22indi18.htm

NEW DELHI: Taking head-on the cyber war unleashed by Pakistan-backed
portals against India, a Delhi-based Kashmiri has launched a website
to mobilise global public opinion against ISI-sponsored terrorism in
Jammu and Kashmir.

The site, `www.savekashmirmovement.org' is not only aimed at exposing
Pakistan's nefarious designs in the border state, but also in
providing a platform to varied sections of the society to express
their views on the vexed Kashmir problem.

According to M A Hussain alias Y B Home, the man behind the project,
who describes himself as a "victim of terrorism", the website would
effectively counter the Pakistani propaganda on Kashmir through
popular participation.

"Pakistan has launched a cyber war against India and we have been left
far behind. Through this website we want to tell our Pakistani
brethren that the people of Kashmir had rejected the two-nation theory
way back in 1947," he said.

[...]