Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: [secedu] [iwar] "Issues and Trends:2000 CSI/FBI Computer Crime and...

From: William Knowles <wk () C4I ORG>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 14:02:54 -0500

Forwarded by: Fred Villella <NDI () aol com>

This is a GREAT example of the wrong things to do, and the wrong
focus.  What satisfaction can there be in MORE bad news and the
indication that we are spending more money to tell us what we already
know. In measuring what we get out of our federal funds for fighting
Cyber CRIME, looks a lot like we get a LOT of information about how
bad it is, BUT no solutions. What harm would it be if we eliminated
government expense for this annual survey and put the FBI computer
Crime squads on solving violent crime and corruption?

There are a lot of sources that tell us about computer crimes and
now an increasing number of solutions..

Looks like the Feds have chosen the wrong course of inaction.

Fred Villella
NDI () aol com
www.newdimensions.net

ISN is sponsored by SecurityFocus.com
---
To unsubscribe email LISTSERV () SecurityFocus com with a message body of
"SIGNOFF ISN".