Information Security News mailing list archives

Guardent Announces Research & Development Team For Digital Security Services.

From: InfoSec News <isn () C4I ORG>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 04:20:39 -0500

Waltham, Mass. - July 13, 2000 - GUARDENT, Inc., the leading digital
security services firm, today introduced its Research and Development
organization. The team is led by Matthew J. Willis, former security
architect from Secure Computing Corporation, and Michael D. Schiffman,
an expert in information security and the author of Libnet, a security
programming library that is popular throughout the world. With the
mission of supporting Guardent's service delivery organization, the
team will focus on:

- Developing automated tools to provide clients with lower cost,
  higher quality security services,

- Performing product reviews and source code analysis that will help
  IT organizations and product vendors eliminate security holes in
  their application architecture, design and implementation,

- Researching emerging technologies to assess the security
  implications for production environments,

- Conducting vulnerability research in a variety of application and
  networking environments with a near-term focus on Windows 2000,
  major commercial applications and wireless infrastructure.

With a staff growing to more than 20 security experts this year,
Guardent's R&D team will be one of the largest in the digital security
services industry. This investment differentiates Guardent from the
rest of the field as companies seek out firms offering both a singular
focus on information security and the skills required to succeed in
today's complex internetworking and application environments.

"Maintaining Guardent's expertise and leadership requires more than a
good knowledge management system," said Matt Willis, Chief Technology
Officer at Guardent. "We are making substantial investments in
research and development to ensure we are on the forefront of the
major security issues facing our clients."

According to Mike Schiffman, Director of Research and Development at
Guardent, "We are having tremendous success in recruiting and building
a world class team. Guardent continues to attract the best and
brightest security talent because of our sole focus on information
security and our involvement with cutting edge technology."

About Guardent, Inc.

Guardent is a next-generation digital security services firm offering
strategic solutions for technology-enabled enterprises. As a trusted
security advisor, Guardent partners with clients to meet their
requirements for the continuous innovation and development of their IT
infrastructures, while mitigating the risks inherent in today's
complex networked environments.

Headquartered in the heart of Boston's technology corridor, Guardent
has operations in Washington, D.C., Minneapolis, San Francisco,
Toronto, and London. Guardent is founded by executives from Razorfish
(Nasdaq: RAZF), Shiva Corp. (Nasdaq: INTC), and Cambridge Technology
Partners (Nasdaq: CATP), with a leadership team of employees formerly
from Scient (Nasdaq: SCNT), Andersen Consulting, Secure Computing
(Nasdaq: SCUR), Internet Security Systems (Nasdaq: ISSX), and IBM
Global Services (NYSE: IBM).

Guardent is backed by three of the premier venture capital firms in
the United States: Charles River Ventures (founded in 1970), New
Enterprise Associates (NEA, founded in 1978), and Sequoia Capital
(founded in 1972). These firms have created some of the most
successful venture funds in history and their portfolios include such
technology leaders as Cisco (Nasdaq: CSCO), Oracle (Nasdaq: ORCL), INS
(NYSE: LU), Scient (Nasdaq: SCNT), RSA Securities (Nasdaq: RSAS),
Yahoo (Nasdaq: YHOO), CIENA (Nasdaq: CIEN), Excite (Nasdaq: ATHM),
Vignette (Nasdaq: VIGN), UUNET (Nasdaq: WCOM), 3COM (Nasdaq: COMS),
Ascend (NYSE: LU), and Juniper Networks (Nasdaq: JNPR).

Obtain more information on Guardent by calling 1-888-413-4344 or by
visiting www.guardent.com

ISN is hosted by SecurityFocus.com
---
To unsubscribe email LISTSERV () SecurityFocus com with a message body of
"SIGNOFF ISN".