Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: Both Sides Hacked Over Kashmir

From: InfoSec News <isn () C4I ORG>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 03:04:30 -0600

Forwarded by: Mystic Mayhem <mystic () mad scientist com>

Hi all,

When I checked up the article in question about 24 hours ago,(it is
now 1125 hrs 30-12-2000 here), the article read (and still reads):

The Pakistani government's site, www.pak.gov.pk, for example, has been
defaced by those who claim to be "patriot Indians."

So I really am wondering abot the credibility of the source of the
article that SecurityFocus reprinted in the email that was sent to the
mailing list.

If you look at the Attrition mirror history, you can see that there
was a defacement of pak.gov.pk. The defacement mirror is at
http://www.attrition.org/mirror/attrition/1999/05/25/www.pak.gov.pk/

As you see, it was in 1999. There has no mirror of any recent
defacement. That seems to contradict the claims of Manu Joseph of
Wired. Anyway GForce Pakistan has already spoken about the defacement
of "pakgov.org" in one of their defacement. Look at
http://www.attrition.org/mirror/attrition/2000/12/27/www.styletantra.com/
for what they have to say !

Mystic