Information Security News mailing list archives

Moderators Note for 08.02.2000 (fwd)

From: InfoSec News <isn () C4I ORG>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 05:49:01 -0500

Sorry about a lack of news on Monday morning, (I wonder what the Daily
Briefing editors did?) I was a little too spent and sunburned from
spending Wednesday through Monday in Las Vegas for Blackhat and
Defcon.  I'm also sorry for the torrent of messages following this
mail.

I hope those of you that got the ISN postcard handed to you at
Blackhat or Defcon that are already on the list handed it to someone
that isn't on the list and you feel should be.

Vegas was a hoot, Not that I got the chance to see any of the talks at
Defcon, Since over 6000 showed when the conference halls could at best
hold 2800, It had me wondering where all these people came from, are
they there just for the party? How many of them are actively hacking
into computer networks? Also nice to see was the large number Feds in
attendence, Which made 'Spotting the Fed' like shooting fish in a
barrel, But it also allowed me to do little more networking and
brainstorming than I have in years past.

I have a list of ideas on a notepad I drew up on the flight back to
Chicago, The cliff notes are basically that the c4i website design has
more or less been figured out, and its only a matter of time before it
implemented, I also plan to archive ISN posts on c4i. Another idea to
get some of you drooling over is to offer ISN on AvantGo for those of
us on PalmPilots, WinCE or other wireless devices. There's a couple
others floating around there and I'll post them sometime in the future

Thanks for your continued interest in ISN!

William Knowles
isn () c4i org

ISN is hosted by SecurityFocus.com
---
To unsubscribe email LISTSERV () SecurityFocus com with a message body of
"SIGNOFF ISN".